Sunday 18 July 2010

My favorite piece of art.


My favorite artist is Leonado da Vinci . He not only the painter but he is a scientist , astronomer , architect , inventor , geologist , anatomist , engineer and writer too . He only my favorite painter too , because he is the first painter I have know .

I like his masterpiece of painting that very famous , The last supper . Actually , I like it because I read a novel of Dan Brown . The novel names The Da Vinci Code . It's talk about the mystery of this painting . The painting represents the last meal shared by Jesus with his disciples before his capture and death. It shows specifically the moment when Jesus has said "one of you will betray me". The book said , you will see the mystery hand that carring a knife behind the back of one of his disciple , don't know who is . And the person who is sitting next to Jesus not a man . Because she look like woman . She may be Jesus's wife , Mary Magdalene .

I don't think this story is true but I love the writer's imagination . I think Da Vinci use all the details that can present each of Jesus 's disciple very well . It's make this painting more interesting. So, I never see the original because the painting is on the wall of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan . If I have a chance to go to Italy , I will go to see it .

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Milk, The Last Supper is a real piece of history and Dan Brown has made this, and other pictures, into a great mystery. I think you are right to say that the stories are probably not true, but they are still great to read about.

    My favorite Da Vinci's Cartoon or The Virgin and Child with St Anne and St John the Baptist.

    ReplyDelete