Saturday 17 July 2010

My favorite piece of art

First of all, I have not deep knowledge of art and I have no particularly favorite artist. But I want to share my idea as homework for my English class.

My most impressive museum I have ever visited is “Picasso Museum, Barcelona or Madrid, Spain.” We can see his art from his early stage to later years (well known, his original art). Fortunately or unfortunately I didn't know his history of paint style when I visited there. I was so impressed the way how to get his original art.

My favorite museum is the Hakone Open-Air Museum, Hakone, Japan and The Utsukushi-ga-hara Open-Air Museum, Nagano, Japan. They owned by same company or foundation. So, the style of museums are nearly same. They are located in wide mountain area. The architects and nature are lived together. I really enjoyed unique architects with large green space and clear atmosphere. There is a lot of fun for kids, too.

Finally, I would like to introduce you my favorite photographer “Elliott Erwitte”. He is member of Magnum (famous organization for photo). He took a lot of famous portraits (ex Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Grace Kerry) , photos for advertisement and movies (I have not known them).
http://www.elliotterwitt.com/lang/en/index.html









When I saw his photos in the magazine, I got big inspirations. I bought his photo collections and I visited gallery for his exhibition. His photos have a lot of irony, love and humor so it makes me small smiles.
Michiko

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Michiko, a really interesting piece of writing. I went to the Picasso museum in Barcelona, but I was disappointed - all the best pieces are in other galleries around the world!

    The photographs are great, I wish I had such an eye.

    ReplyDelete